The Rev. John F. Pfluger was appointed in July, 1906, to establish a new parish in the fast growing northeast section of Buffalo. Father Pfluger bought property on Leroy Avenue and erected a combination school and church building the year following. In the year 1914 he erected a brick building to serve as a rectory for the Blessed Trinity parish. Father Pfluger was succeeded in March, 1916, by the Rev. Albert Fritton. Three years later Father Fritton built a frame convent, and in 1922 he erected the handsome brick church.
The church is in the Lombard style. It is very ornate and is the first of this style in the diocese. It was dedicated by Bishop Turner, June 3, 1928.
Rev. Thomas Donohue, D.D., History of the Diocese of Buffalo (Buffalo, New York: The Buffalo Catholic Publication Co., Inc., 1929), p. 165.