A new parish for the Polish population on Clinton Street, at Smith Street, was established in 1909 with the Rev. Peter Pitass as first resident pastor.
Father Pitass erected a large frame building on Clinton Street and also a school adjoining the church. The rectory was on Clinton Street. Father Pitass resigned in August, 1920, and was succeeded the month following by the Rev. Francis Wasik.
Father Wasik erected a fine school in 1921. The day after Christmas, 1921, the church was destroyed by fire and Father Wasik rebuilt the church which was opened Easter, 1922.
Rev. Thomas Donohue, D.D., History of the Diocese of Buffalo (Buffalo, New York: The Buffalo Catholic Publication Co., Inc., 1929), p. 182.