Dr. Hennessey's health failed shortly after, and he was replaced by the Rev. Michael Colligan who remained only a short time when he was followed by the Rev. Daniel Kieran. Father Kieran decided the location was not central enough and in 1921 he purchased a plot of land near Delaware Avenue for the future site of the Holy Spirit Church.
A shrine to St. Rita was blessed in this church by Bishop Colton in
1913, and the devotions drew large numbers to the services in this little
church on Hertel Avenue.