PRECIOUS BLOOD CHURCH
The East Buffalo section was growing so rapidly that Bishop Quigley commissioned
the Rev. Daniel O'Brien to build two churches in that part of the city
in 1898. When the buildings were completed the Rev. T. Gleason was
appointed the pastor of the Precious Blood on Lyman and Lewis Streets;
then the Rev. John Uriel. Polish people were growing more numerous
in this district and then the Precious Blood became a Polish parish with
the Rev. Francis Winnicki as pastor.
BUFFALO, NEW YORK
Rev. Thomas Donohue, D.D., History of the Diocese of Buffalo
(Buffalo, New York: The Buffalo Catholic Publication Co., Inc., 1929),
Back to Buffalo Parishes.
Cheektowaga, New York