QUEEN OF THE MOST HOLY ROSARY CHURCH
The malcontents from St. Adelbert's parish built a large stone church on
Sobieski Street, and called it the Church of the Holy Rosary. Many
of the people who joined the new congregation believed they were still
members of the Catholic Church though not under the jurisdiction of the
local Bishop. The officials of the diocese decided to start another
parish adjacent, so these people might know they were not members of the
Catholic Church. The Rev. Caesar Kryzan was selected for this difficult
task. He bought property of Sobieski Street, July 27, 1915, and started
the new parish under the title of Queen of the Most Holy Rosary.
The cornerstone of the combination church and school building was laid
by Bishop Dougherty in March, 1916.
BUFFALO, NEW YORK
Father Kryzan brought many back to the church, and built up a prosperous
parish and a fine school. The Rev. B. Kowalewski was appointed pastor,
November 24, 1928, to succeed Father Kryzan.
Rev. Thomas Donohue, D.D., History of the Diocese of Buffalo
(Buffalo, New York: The Buffalo Catholic Publication Co., Inc., 1929),
Back to Buffalo Parishes.
Cheektowaga, New York