QUEEN OF PEACE CHURCH
The tragic events of the World War were still fresh in memory when Rev.
S. M. Pawlowski was appointed to establish a new parish for the ever increasing
Polish population in East Buffalo. Father Pawlowski purchased property
in Genesee Street near Bloche Street and here he started the new parish,
July, 1920, under the title of Queen of Peace. The cornerstone of
a combination church and school building was laid November 16, 1926.
The cornerstone of the fine new church was laid by Bishop Turner, September
25, 1927. The bells were blessed by Monsignor Murphy, July 29, 1928.
BUFFALO, NEW YORK
Rev. Thomas Donohue, D.D., History of the Diocese of Buffalo
(Buffalo, New York: The Buffalo Catholic Publication Co., Inc., 1929),
Back to Buffalo Parishes.
Cheektowaga, New York