Father Schnur immediately bought property on Seneca Street and converted a large building into a temporary church, and he converted a business building on the property into a rectory.
The parish was growing steadily so Father Schnur decided to provide
more comfortable accommodations for his flock, and he started a new church
building which was finished in 1924 and was dedicated by the Rev. John
F. Ryan, July 20, 1924. Father Schnur died, September 27, 1927, and the
Rev. Patrick Brady came shortly after to continue the work in Saint Bonaventure's.