A parish was organized in Blasdell, in 1905, by the Right Reverend Monsignor Baker. Ground was purchased and a little church was started in the fall of 1905, and was dedicated, May 13, 1906. The parish was attended by the priests from St. Patrick's, Lackawanna, until June 9, 1907, when the Rev. Lawrence Fell, D.D., was appointed first resident pastor. He built a rectory in 1908. The sisters from Lackawanna had started a school in the fall of 1906. Father Fell died, Sepetember 3, 1910, and was succeeded by the Rev. John J. Ryan, who died one year later. The Rev. F.J. Jacobs was appointed April 27, 1912. He built a convent in 1918, and two years later bought 12 acres of land adjoining the church.
Father Jacobs was succeeded in 1924 by the Rev. M. Moynihan, D.D.
The Rev. Leo Toomey was appointed to organize a new parish at Lakeview in April, 1922. The Catholics of four or five little hamlets along the lake shore formerly attended Mass at Hamburg or North Evans. In 1921 they began to collect money and to organize a new parish. Father Toomey said Mass for three months in the Public School until August 22d, when the basement of the new church was ready. The church was dedicated by Bishop Turner, October 15, 1922. The rectory was completed December 16, 1922. The new parish was a great convenience for the many Catholics who have summer homes along the lake shore.
Rev. Thomas Donohue, D.D., History of the Diocese of Buffalo (Buffalo, New York: The Buffalo Catholic Publication Co., Inc., 1929), p. 256, 304.