Lyme, Jefferson,NY ALHN

nyhis.gif (8367 bytes)

The American Local History Network is a central point of entry to independent web sites with genealogical and/or historical content.
Many thanks to Holice B. Young for the many hours she has dedicated to transcribing this work for researcher enjoyment. Thanks for sharing your talents, Holice!

frnsln2.gif (6333 bytes)

Lyme

The larger portion of the waters between Stony island and Point Peninsula washes the shores of the town of Lyme. It was erected from Brownville on March 6, 1818, and named from the old Lyme, in Connecticut. It then included all of its present territory, the town of Cape Vincent, and that portion of Penet’s Square which lay west of Clayton. Cape Vincent was set off thirty-one years later. (Jefferson County History, by L. H. Everts, 1878)

   Search this site                 powered by FreeFind
 

frnsln2.gif (6333 bytes)

Counter

Transcribed by Holice B.Young

Html by Debbie

December 26, 1999

[Jefferson County ALHN][NY ALHN]

mute108logo.jpg (8440 bytes)

sm2_ALHN(1).jpg (4029 bytes)

cg(1).gif (3992 bytes)