Along the River," includes photographs and historical
details of numerous structures throughout the Thousand Islands,
including the Town of Orleans. Created by Jon
Mills Museum, maintained by the Northern New York Agricultural,
has its home in a church built in 1837 which is listed on
the National Register of Historic Places. Contributed by Jon
Orleans Tax Roll, scans of every handwritten page of the
original, with an interactive index for quick searching, plus
links to biographical and genealogical information, created
by Mark A. Wentling.
Census of the Town of Orleans, available through the courtesy
of Alice Corbett, on
behalf of the Jefferson County Genealogical Society.
LaFargeville G.A.R. Parade (photo only), by Mark
Island Lighthouse Historical & Memorial Association,
created by Mark
A. Wentling, features station history, keeper biographies,
and vintage photographs.