Books, Links and Resources
A Proud Participant in the U.S. and Ohio GenWeb
Projects...Bringing Family History to Your Door.
Researchers in Clinton County may often wonder where to turn
for more information. For those of us who reside in Clinton County, or even the
neighboring counties it is an easy task. However, for a researcher from
out-of-state acquiring a copy of the historical texts and maps can prove to be a
daunting task. In order to meet this demand, the Clinton County Historical
Society and Genealogical Societies have worked together to produece and in some
cases reproduce a variety of Clinton County Resources.
Here are just a few examples of a few of texts produced:
- 1903 Atlas of Clinton County, Ohio
- By Mitchell, Thirey and Hahn. Reprint with 1859 and 1953 real estate and
township maps; three in one indexed. S/B Full size 14x17 inches.
- Clinton County, Ohio, 1882
- Reprint of 1882 Beers history of Clinton County. Indexed. Two-volume,
- History of Clinton County, Ohio, 1915
- Reprinted 1999 with added index. Hardback.
- Cemetery Records of Clinton County, Ohio 1798-1999
- This hardcover book of over 1,300 pages on acid free paper contains the
burial records from the 89 cemeteries of Clinton County -- over 49,000
entries from 1798-1999. Surnames are listed in alphabetical order. It
includes birth and death dates and places, next of kin, causes of death,
last known address and other notes. The records from the cemeteries have
been supplemented, where possible, with information from obituaries that are
in the CCGS library. Also included are directions to each of the cemeteries
in the county.
- Claiming Our Past: Quakers in Southwest Ohio and Eastern Tennessee
- By D. Neil Snarr and Associates. Episodes in the history of Friends for
nearly two centuries published on the occasion of the centennial celebration
of the Wilmington Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. 1992.
- Wilmington Casting Goes to War
- Letters from former employees who were serving during WWII to their boss,
H. Byron "Tom" Horney. First and last name index. Paperback.
Any of the texts listed here as well as several other
selections are available directly from the Clinton County Historical Society.
For a more complete list of works available please go to the Historical Society
Bookstore by clicking here ------}Clinton
County Historical Society Bookstore
The links below you probably already have, but are included here in case you need them. All can also be found from the main page at USGenWeb.