CHURCH OF CHRIST
The Church of Christ, which originated in the Ohio Valley after 1810, with the preaching of Alexander Cambell, had a number of followers in the area of the Baptist Church. Several meetings were held in the home of the William Smarts and an organization formed in 1830. The congregation were not able to build a church until 1854. It was located across the road from the Baptist Church. It was known as the "The Mount Zion Christian Church." A school house erected next to the Christian Church was also called Mount Zion School.