|This webpage was protected by HTMLProtector|
Marcus Nash was born on December 25, 1926, in Oklahoma City to Mark Nash and Lois (Bonifield) Nash. He grew up in Foster where he attended grade school, then graduated from Elmore City High School. He enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1950 and was honorably discharged in 1954. He graduated from East Central University and began working for Bovaird Supply Company
In 1955, he was united in marriage with Verla June Wieden in Arnett, Oklahoma. Their three children are Lowell, Jana and Andrea. Marcus worked for Marathon Oil Company and later became the Foster rural letter carrier. He made friends with those he served and expecially loved the children who ran to greet the mailman. He retired from Route 2, Elmore City in 1987.
Marcus had special memories of his boyhood days on Honey Creek and the Table Top Mountains. He enjoyed being outdoors and spend many hours cutting wood and riding his four-wheeler.
As a young man, he was baptized into Christ. At the time of his death he was a member of the congregation of the Mountain View Church of Christ and had served as treasurer for many years.
Marcus left his early home in Foster in the early hours of February 10, 2004. Preceding him in death were his parents and his brother-in-law, Jack Shelton.
His wife of 48 years, Verla, remains at home. Also, surviving are his children, Lowell and his wife, Marcy, of Midwest City, Jana and her husband, Karl Peters, of Broken Arrow and Andrea and her husband, Phil Sharp, of Dallas, Texas -- and their families. A new great-grandson was born recently to Derek and Tawnia Nash. Surviving also is his sister, Dortha Skelton, of Ada and her family. He leaves many other family members and friends.
Remember Marcus as a man who gained his dream of Foster Country life. He baled hay with his dad, fished from a flat-bottom boat, and sat under a shade tree and used a pocket knife to peel pecans for his grandchildren.
Funeral services were held at 2:00 p.j. in Pauls Valley, Oklahoma, on February 12, 2004. Burial was the Foster Cemetery.
© Copyright 2000-2007 Donna Dreyer and NWOGS/ECHS
The copyright (s) on this page must appear on all
copied and/or printed material.
All rights reserved!
Commercial use of material within this site is prohibited!
This nonprofit research site is an independent affiliate of both the American History and Genealogy Project (AHGP) and the American Local History Network (ALHN), and hosted at no charge by USGenNet, a nonprofit historical and genealogical Safe-Site ServerTM solely supported by tax-deductible contributions. No claim is made to the copyrights of individual submitters, and this site complies fully with USGenNet's Nonprofit Conditions of Use.