The Logan County Poor Farm was a farm acquired by the county from a bequest of J. T. Hart who passed away December 2, 1889. He left the farm for an orphan's home.
The property was maintained by the county as a combined orphan's home and "poor farm" or refuge for the indigent elderly.
Mr. & Mrs. John Poll were long time caretakers of the farm, coming there on January 1, 1920. The farm at one time had a two story house and a single story house, plus barns and many outbuildings.
On November 1, 1976 the farm was sold, thus ending its existence.
This site may be freely linked, but not duplicated
in any way without consent.
© by Tammie Chada
The copyright (s) on this page must appear on all
copied and/or printed material.
All rights reserved! Commercial use of material within this site is prohibited!