Logan County (OK) Researchers Homepage
Click here to break out of frames
The Acorn Club
The Acorn Club
Submitted by: Bob Chada
The Acorn Club was organized March 2, 1899, at the home of Mrs. F. S. Barde. The charter members were Mesdames F. K. Brooke, R. W. Ramsay, F. S. Barde, J. H. Cotteral, F. L. Wenner, H. E. Asp, C. M. Barnes, F. B. Lillie, J. U. Houston, S. N. Hospins, J. E. Ball. Subsequently the membership was increasted by Mesdames J. R. Campbell, W. A. Frazier, A. E. Grissell, A. C. Hixon, F. B. Lucas, V. B. Paine, R. V. Smith, Mac Donald Morris, N. B. Hughes, F. M. Thompson and May Peebles. The membership is limied to twenty-five. The Club joined the Territorial Federation May, 1899.
Last June The Club began in a small way to work toward a public library, and since that times the city Federation have taken up the matter and it is now an assured success.
The first officers were: Mrs. F. S. Barde, President: Mrs. F. K. Brooke, Vice President; Mrs. J. J. Houston, Secretary; Mrs. F. L. Wenner, Treasurer. Those for next year are Mrs. F. K. Brooke, President; Mrs. N. B. Hughes, Vice President; Mrs. J. J. Houston, Secretary; Mrs. F. B. Lillie, Treasurer.
|Logan County Tidbits Index Page|
Updated: Friday, 08-Aug-2008 10:21:06 CDT
This site may be freely linked, but not duplicated
in any way without consent.
Format © by Tammie Chada
The copyright (s) on this page must appear on all
copied and/or printed material.
All rights reserved! Commercial use of material within this site is prohibited!