Logan County (OK) Researchers Homepage
Click here to break out of frames

Confederate Soldier

Can't Find Your
Confederate Soldier?

Try the National Archives in Washington, D.C. They have both Civil War military service records---both Union and Confederate.

The agency also maintains the service records of veterans of the American Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Mexican War, and Spanish-American War. However, in all instances it is very important to have the full name of the soldier and, if possible, the name of his unit, and location of enlistment.

To obtain the order form, NATF Form 80 (rev.8-97), write to: Textual Reference Branch (NWDT1), National Archives and Records Administration, 7th and Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20408. If they have the soldier's record on file, they will copy and send it to you for a $10 fee, payable by personal check or credit card.

Or you can:

Write to the Confederate Descendants Society, PO Box 233, Athens, Alabama 35611 or Rare Collection, T. K. Kennedy, PO Box 355, Bradduck Heights, Maryland 21707. The later has over 15,000 surgical reports and case histories on Union and Confederate Soldiers. A charge is made for the search and copies made of the records.

|Logan County Tidbits Index Page|

Updated: Friday, 08-Aug-2008 10:21:10 CDT

This site may be freely linked, but not duplicated
in any way without consent.

Format © by Tammie Chada

The copyright (s) on this page must appear on all
copied and/or printed material.

All rights reserved! Commercial use of material within this site is prohibited!