Logan County (OK) Researchers Homepage
Click here to break out of frames

Cedar Township, Logan County, Oklahoma

Cedar Township
Logan County, Oklahoma

T16N R4W Indian Meridian



image

Researched, written, © and map provided by: Bob Chada


Cedar Township could be called unremarkable in that there are no old railroads passing through it and there are no known cemeteries within its boundary. Rumor has it that there was a burial along State Hwy 74 just north of the Cimarron River, but that has never been confirmed or found.

Cedar Township probably got its name from the community of Cedar which once was in section 22. Other communities in Cedar Township include Cedar Valley (NW 13), Lakeview (SE 5), Lattawanna Lake (2), Twin Lakes (NE 18), and Orchard Center (NW 13).

The only Post Office of record was at Cedar from 25 June 1892 to 15 September 1900 when the mail was transferred to Guthrie.

There were five (5) known schools to operate in Cedar Township:

School District Closed W/B Section
Lakeview - Twin Lake
16
07-16-1947
W/B
NE18
Navina
20
07-25-1907
W
SW36
Orchard Center
18
07-16-1947
W
NW13
Pawnee
17
07-26-1945
W
SW21
Pleasant Valley
19
07-16-1947
W
SE23


|Township Index Page|  |Logan County Researchers Homepage|


Updated: Friday, 08-Aug-2008 16:00:20 CDT

This site may be freely linked, but not duplicated
in any way without consent.

© by Tammie Chada

The copyright (s) on this page must appear on all
copied and/or printed material.

All rights reserved! Commercial use of material within this site is prohibited!