Logan County (OK) Researchers Homepage
Click here to break out of frames

Rosehill Township, Logan County, Oklahoma

Rosehill Township
Logan County, Oklahoma

T18N, R3W Indian Meridian



map image

Researched, written, © and map provided by: Bob Chada

There is no information available to date which leads to the naming of Rose Hill Township, and there was no railroad activity.

Only two communities or named locations are known in the township. One is Midway, which is in the NW corner of section 4. The second was Acton, which was located in the SW corner of section 33. Acton was named for Mary Acton, the first Post Mistress.

Acton was a Post Office from November 2, 1895 until December 10, 1903 when the mail was transferred to Guthrie.

There are two known cemeteries in this township. Victor, also known as McNalley, is located in the NW 1/4, NE 1/4 of section 5. It opened in 1890 when the first acre of land was donated.

The second is Mt. Hope or Dunkard. The name Dunkard came from the Church of the Bretheran, which was originally located in the area.

There is a record of a man named Cairns being buried in the "Duncan" cemetery "east of Crescent" in 1941. This name does not appear in the Dunkard cemetery, so it is possible that there is another small cemetery, possible a private family, located in the township.

There is also an indication that burials were made in the SW corner of section 10, but this area has not been researched to date.


SCHOOL
DISTRICT CLOSED W/B SECTION
Enterprise
28
5/21/1938
W
SE2
Rose Hill
30
7/2/1948
W
SE20
Stoney Point
31
7/10/1947
W
NW25
Victor
29
7/16/1947
W
SW4


|Township Index Page|  |Logan County Researchers Homepage|


Updated: Friday, 08-Aug-2008 16:00:25 CDT

This site may be freely linked, but not duplicated
in any way without consent.

© by Tammie Chada

The copyright (s) on this page must appear on all
copied and/or printed material.

All rights reserved! Commercial use of material within this site is prohibited!