This cemetery was probably the community cemetery of Harris. A post office was established July 28, 1884 and the name was changed to Fawling on March 19, 1890.
Harris was named for Bird Harris a prominent Creek Indian. A railroad ran through nearby and steam engines filled their boilers from Dirty Creek.
John Crane who is buried here was a Civil War veteran. There are several unreadable stones.
Information used here with the generous permission of Gary Lester, Braggs.
Background Graphics by
Barbara's Background Graphics
©Sue Tolbert 2001, 2002