If you have information you would like to see listed here, send an e-mail.
(Parts extracted from Volume IX, The Oklahoma Series, Oklahoma Historical Society, 1978)
· denotes minor camps and posts in Indian Territory
** denotes camps established to control the settlers making the run into Oklahoma Territory
Camp Arbuckle: 1 mile northwest of Byars, McLain County (Section 4, T5N, R2E), 1832-1834.
Fort Arbuckle: 3 miles east of Keystone, Tulsa County (Section 2, T19N, R26E), 1834.
Fort Arbuckle: 6 miles west of Davis, Garvin County (section 25, T1N, R1W), 1851-1861, 1861-1867, 1867-1870.
Camp Armstrong (Confederate camp and hospital): 3 miles northeast of Bokchito, Bryan County, 1862-1865.
Camp Auger: 5 miles southwest of Grandfield, Tillman County (section 31, T4S, R4W): 1870-1871.
Fort Blunt: Name applied to Fort Gibson during the Civil War, named for Major General J. G. Blunt, 1863-1865.
Camp Boggy Depot (Confederate): North of Atoka, Atoka County, 1863-1864.
Camp Brasse (Confederate): Cherokee Nation, 1863.
Camp Brookin (Confederate): Near Brookin, south of the Canadian River, Haskell County, 1862.
*Camp Canadian: North of Atwood, Hughes county, 1834.
Cantonment: 5 miles northwest of Canton, Blaine County (section 29, T19N, R13W), 1879-1882.
*Camp Cass: 4 miles south of Stidham, McIntosh County, 1834.
*Camp Cedar: Near the mouth of the Cimarron, may have been predecessor of Camp Arbuckle, 1834.
**Camp Chilocco: South of Arkansas City, Kansas, 1885.
*Camp Choctaw: Stephens County, 1834.
Chickasaw Agency Post: Chickasaw Agency, 1834.
Fort Cobb: 1 mile east of present day Fort Cobb, Caddo County (NW1/4, section 12, T7N, R12W), 1859-1861, Confederate occupied 1862.
Chouteau's Creek, Near Cherokee, Alfalfa County (T26N, R11W), 1838.
Fort Coffee: 6 miles north of Spiro, LeFlore County (Section 30, T10N, R26E), 1834.
*Camp Comanche: Cache Creek, near Apache (section 7-8, T4N, R11W), 1834.
Fort Davis (Confederate): 1 mile north of Bacone College, Muskogee County (section 7, T15N, R19E), 1861-1862.
Fort Edwards (Camp Holmes): Near the mouth of the Little River, 1834?
Fort Gibson: Southwest of Fort Smith, Arkansas;1817-1824, confederate occupation April 1861- Septembr 3, 1863, Returned to US control September 1863-September 1871
Fort Gibson (Fort Blunt): East side of Grand River, present day town of Fort Gibson, Muskogee County (Sections 1,2,11, T15N, R19E), April 20, 1864-June, 1856, and April 1863-1865.
**Camp Guthrie (Camp McArthur): Guthrie, Logan County, 1889-1891.
Camp Hickory: During Smoke Meat Rebellion, 1909.
Camp Holmes: Mouth of the Little River, 1834.
Camp Illinois: Same as Fort Wayne.
Camp Imochiah (Confederate): Choctaw Nation, 1863.
*Camp Jackson: 1 mile from present day Fort Gibson, 1834.
*Camp Jumper (Confederate): Near Eufaula, McIntosh County, 1862.
**Camp at Kingfisher: Near present day Kingfisher, Kingfisher County, 1889.
*Camp Leavenworth: 2 miles south of Kingston, Marshall County (Section 7, T7N, R1W), 1834.
Camp Mason (Fort Holmes, Mason's Fort), East and north of Lexington, Cleveland County (section 17, T7N,R1W), 1835-1840.
Fort McCulloch: 3 miles southwest of Kenefic, Bryan County (section 7, T5S, R9E): 1862-1865.
*Camp McDaniel: Near the present town of Owasso, Tulsa County, 1861.
Camp McIntosh (Confederate): 5 miles east of Anadarko, Caddo County (section 17, T7N, R9W), 1861-1865.
Camp Napoleon (Confederate): Near present day Verden, Grady County (section 18, T7N, R8W), 1865.
*Camp Neosho: Opposite Fort Gibson, 1850.
Camp Nichols: Near Boise City, Cimarron County, 6 miles east of the Oklahoma-New Mexico state line (section 2, T3N, R1E): 1865.
**Camp Oklahoma: Present day Oklahoma City, 1889.
*Camp Osage: Southern Pontotoc County, south of Jesse, 1834.
Camp at Perryville Depot: 3 miles south of McAlister, Pittsburg County, 1862.
Camp Prairie Springs (Confederate): Choctaw Nation, 1863.
**Camp Price, South of Arkansas City, Kansas, 1889.
**Camp Purcell: Near present day Purcell, McLain County, 1889.
Camp Quapaw (Confederate): Near Hudson's Crossing on Quapaw land, 1863.
Camp Radziminske #1 (Camp Otter Creek and Otter Creek Station): 1 ½ miles north and 2 ½ miles west of Mountain Park, Kiowa County (NE ¼, section 16, T3N, R17W), 1858-1859.
Camp Radziminske #2: 5 miles north of Mountain Park, Kiowa County (section 16, T3N, R17W), 1858-1859.
*Camp Rendezvous; 18 miles from Fort Gibson, 1834.
Fort Reno: West of present day town of El Reno, Canadian County (section 34, T13N, R8W), 1874-1948.
Camp Robinson: On Otter Creek at the old Radziminski Crossing, 1871.
Camp Ross (Confederate): near the home of John Ross, Parkhill, Cherokee County (section 15, T16N, R22E), 1863.
Ross' Landing: Mouth of Ross Creek, Choctaw Nation, 1836?
**Camp Russell: 7 miles northeast of Guthrie, Logan County, 1883-1885.
**Camp Schofield: 3 miles east of Chilocco, Kay County, 1889.
Sheridan's Roost: Near Orion, Major County, 1870.
Fort Sill (Also called Camp at Medicine Bluff and Camp Wichita): North of Lawton, Comanche County (section 1, T2N, R12W), 1869-present.
*Camp Smith: 25 miles west of the Washita River?, 1834.
Spanish-American War Camp: East of Fort Reno, Canadian County, July-August, 1898.
Camp Steel (Confederate): Choctaw Nation near Fort Smith, Winter 1862.
Fort Supply: Near the present town of Fort Supply, Woodward County (section 8, T24N, R12W). 1868-1893.
Camp Tiger: West of Tiger Mountain, Okmulgee County, 1909.
Fort Towson (Camp Phoenix and Cantonment Towson): 1 mile Northeast of the present town of Fort Towson, Choctaw County (Section 24, T6S, R20E), 1824-1829; moved to Gates Creek in 1831-1854; Confederate occupied 1863-1865.
*Camp Washita: Near the mouth of the Washita River, Bryan County (section 22, T5S, R7E), 1834.
Fort Washita: Northwestern Bryan Cointy, 12 miles from the mouth of the Washita River (section 22, T5S, R7E), April 1842-May 1, 1861, occupied by Confederate forces, 1861-1865.
Camp Wattles (Confederate): Near the mouth of Pryor Creek, Mayes County, 1862-1863.
Fort Wayne #1: East of Watts, Adair County (Section 1, T19N, R26E), 1838.
Fort Wayne #2: Near Spavinaw, Mayes County (Section 28, T22N, R25E), 1839-1862, confederate occupied 1861.
Camp Bob Williams: Oklahoma City Fairgrounds, Oklahoma County, September 1916.