Originally called Myers City, the town is now referred to as Myersville. Named for a John Myers, an early miner and lumberman, the community had about 150 inhabitants. The primary employer was the Alta Lodi Mining Company that built a 40-stamp mill but could not keep it busy. The mill was dismantled and subsequently moved to Lookout. Between 1892 and as late as 1936, some small-scale mining took place leaving several small mines and equipment in the area. The town is about 2 1/2 miles southwest of Rochford.