This town was founded during the land rush of 1883, it was a booming little town for the first few years. The post office, school and newspaper were established in 1884. The residents started leaving due to the harsh conditions encountered while farming. In the winter of 1888, many of the remaining settlers also left. The few remaining residents abandoned the town during the 1930's. Checkhttp://www.okobojo.com for pictures and other information.
Town hall, telephone building and hotel are all that remain.
Cemetery still exists