Located 5.2 miles northwest of Hill City. Nothing other than a few older mobile homes and scattered cabins of fairly recent vintage mark the site, which is at the junction of FR 231 and FR 17. In 1880 Tiger City had 200 people, a post office and a couple general stores. Its mines included the King Solomon, the Bengal Tiger and Lucky Tiger.

pennington county