- Steam clocks are almost as scarce as hens teeth.
Still, a wonderful example of a
- modern functioning steam clock can be found in a part
of downtown Vancouver,
- Canada, called Gastown. The clock was built by Raymond
Saunders, owner of The
- Gastown Steam Clock Company, which also supplies steam
for the clock and many
- of the citys office buildings and other properties
in Gastown. He built the clock in
- 1977 based on an 1875 design. It has become a major tourist
attraction. The clock
- sounds the Westminster Chimes on steam whistles every
- Otaro, Japan, and Jersey (in the Channel Islands), United
Kingdom, also have steam clocks by The Gastown Steam Clock Company.