Kirkpatrick Hotel

One of the Ozona landmarks was Mammy Kirk’s Hotel. In the early days Mrs. John Kirkpatrick operated a hotel which was the stopping place for the stagecoach and the cowboys “hang out”. She was known as the “Mother of Cowboys”.

  Thousands of the principal ranchmen and citizens generally of all West Texas have been guests within its walls. It was destroyed by a fire in Dec. 1919.

  It was built in the late 1880s by the firm Carmichael & Perner who owned the Carmichael & Perner Mercantile.

 

Submitted by Ginger Perner on February 13, 2003.

 

Back to Photos

Back to Main Page

Texas AHGP

The TXGenWeb Project