For inscriptions see: * Happy Cemetery.
From Happy, take SH 1075 west about .5 mile to cemetery; marker
located in center of cemetery
Historical Marker: The Happy Cemetery Association, organized on March 18, 1912. Purchased five acres of land for two adjacent cemeteries (one specifically for Catholics) from local businessman James F. White. The oldest recorded grave is that of William T. King (1871-1913). The association built a small frame house which was used as a gathering place for annual decoration day activities from1915 to 1985 when it was razed to make more room for plots. Numerous local pioneers and veterans are buried here, including both Confederate and Union Civil War veterans. (1991)