The following is a list of some of the known resources which have information on the town and people of Westminster. Also included are sources for surrounding communities. --Short Citation.
- Child, Hamilton. Gazetteer and Business Directory of Windham County, Vermont 1724-1884 (Syracuse NY, Jul 1884). --Child or Gaz Wr
- DAR Patriot Index, Compiled by the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution (Washington, 1966). --DAR
- Fisher, Carleton E. and Sue G. Fisher. Soldiers, Sailors, and Patriots of the Revolutionary War Vermont (Camden ME: Picton Press, 1992). --Fisher
- Hall, Benjamin H. History of Eastern Vermont (New York: D. Appleton & Co., 1858), pp. 603-633. --Hall
- Hemenway, Abby Maria, editor. The Double History of Westminster, Vermont, from The Vermont Historical Gazetteer, Vol. 5 (Chicago: Press of Jameson & Morse, 1885); see also Fairbanks and Stevens.
- Temple, J. H. and George Sheldon. History of the Town of Northfield, Massachusetts for 150 Years with an Account of the Prior Occupation of the Territory by the Squakheags: and With Family Genealogies (Albany NY: Joel Munsell, 82 State St., 1875). --Hist. of Northfield MA or Temple
- United States Census, Westminster, Cumberland County, New York, 1771.
- United States Census, Westminster, Windham County, Vermont, 1791 and following.
- Vermont Families in 1791, edited by Scott A. Bartley (Camden ME: Picton Press, 1992). --Vt. Fam 1:xxx
- Vital Records of town named i.e., Westminster, Chester, Brattleboro, etc. --VR
- White, Virgil D. Genealogical Abstracts of Revolutionary War Pension Files. --Pension Abstracts
- Fairbanks, F. J., Rev.. "The History of the East Parish," from The Double History of Westminster, Vermont edited by Abby Maria Hemenway. Vermont Historical Gazetteer, Vol 5, (Chicago: Press of Jameson & Morse, 1885). --Fairbanks
- Headstones and Epitaphs in Westminster, Vermont, Compiled by Bertha Miller Collins and edited by Alice C. Caggiano (Westminster Historical Society). --Headstones
- Simonds, M. Elizabeth. History of Westminster 1791-1981 (The Town of Westminster, 1983). --Simonds
- Stevens, Alfred, Rev., "The History of the West Parish," from The Double History of Westminster, Vermont, edited by Abby Maria Hemenway. Vermont Historical Gazetteer, Vol. 5 (Chicago: Press of Jameson & Morse, 1885). --Stevens
- Wyman, Lora M. History of Athens, Vermont With Genealogies 1779-1960 (Ann Arbor, Michigan: Edwards Brothers, Inc., 1960). --Hist. of Athens
- DeWolfe, Edith, Lura H. Frost, Edith I. Gassett, Inez S. Harlow, and Elizabeth G. Scott. The History of Putney Vermont 1753-1953 (The Fortnightly Club of Putney, 1953). --Hist. of Putney
- People of Putney. Compiled by The Fortnightly Club of Putney, Vt. (1953).
- Stevens, Ken. Gravestone Inscriptions in Putney Vermont. (Privately printed, 1994).
- Stevens, Ken. Vital Records of Putney, Vermont to the Year 1900 (The Genealogical Society of Vermont, 1992). --Putney VR
- Hayes, Lyman Simpson. History of the Town of Rockingham, Vermont (Bellows Falls VT: The Town (Lynn MA: Frank S. Whitten), 1907). --Hist. of Rockingham VT
- Peck, Thomas Bellows. Vital Records of Rockingham, Vermont (Boston: George E. Littlefield, 1908; reprinted Gen. Society of VT, 1994). --Rockingham VR or Rockingham3
- Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust: The Cemetery and Burial Records of the Past and Present in the Town of Westmoreland, New Hampshire (The Westmoreland Historical Society, Westmoreland NH, 1989).
- History of Westmoreland (Great Meadow) New Hampshire 1741-1970 and Genealogical Data (Westmoreland History Committee, 1976). --Hist. of Westmoreland Co. NH
- Kingsbury, Frank Burnside. History of Surry, Cheshire County, New Hampshire (Town of Surry NH, 1925). --Hist. of Surry NH
- Walpole, New Hampshire Website
Other Histories and Genealogies
- Adams, Charles Collard. Middletown Upper Houses (New York: Grafton Press Genealogical Publishers, 1908/1983). --Adams or MH
Westminster Resources, Family Genealogies.
- Haas, Jessie. Westminster West (New York: Greenwillow Books, 1997). This book about Westminster West is set in that town in 1884. Ms. Haas uses real events and real people from the history of the town, combined with fiction, to provide an interesting and fascinating story. This is an excellent read!!!
Return to homepage | Family Genealogies | Top of page
Westminster, Windham Co., Vermont by Rachel V. Duffalo, © Copyright 1999, All Rights Reserved
Please obtain permission before duplicating this site in any way other than for personal records.