BioM: Dignin, Carrie #1 (1900)
Surnames: DIGNIN HEIN OCONNOR BARTON
----Source: CLARK COUNTY REPUBLICAN & PRESS (Neillsville, Wis.) 04/19/1900
Dignin, Carrie (Marriage - 17 APR 1900)
A quiet wedding occurred Tuesday morning at 8:30 at St. Mary's Catholic Church in this city. The contracting parties were John Hein, Jr., of Tony, Wis., and Miss Carrie Dignin of this city (Neillsville, Clark County), both well known to our readers. The young couple was attended by Miss Belle Barton of this city as bridesmaid and Dr. O'Connor of Tony as best man. As they knelt at the altar Rev. Father Yungblud spoke the words uniting them for weal or woe, one could not help but be impressed by the pretty scene. The bride wore a blue broadcloth traveling dress and groom the conventional black. After the ceremony they repaired to the O'Neill, where an elaborate wedding breakfast awaited them. The happy pair took the 4:55 train mid showers of rice, congratulations, old shoes, etc., for Tony, where they will reside.
The bride has been a resident of this city for about eight years having, with her sisters Fannie and Mollie, engaged in the millinery business, and by her quiet, unassuming ways have won for her the respect and esteem of all, and her loss will be felt in society circles as she is a prime favorite.
The groom for many years a Neillsville boy, having but recently removed to Tony, when the Hein factories were transferred to that place. Everybody knows jolly big-hearted Johnnie Hein and his hearty laugh, and it drives away the blues to have him near. He has charge of the store at that place and has held public offices of trust in his town. He has more friends than he can count and every one of them joins in wishing joy and happiness. May their journey down life's pathway be a prosperous and delightful one is the hearty wish of all.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs