Longwood, WI Emmanuel Lutheran Church Events (1936-1993)


Surnames: ANDERSON EVINRUD MISSLING TROIBER


IMPORTANT EVENTS

The following dates are some of the more important events that have taken place in our Churel
during the years:

1936-1939
- Altar and pulpit clothes were purchased

1939
- Women were given the right to vote
- Consecration of Church basement by Dr. Martin Anderson
- First began using boxes for Church offering

1940
- Church basement was dug
- Electric wiring was installed in the Church
- Ladies Aid served first chicken dinner

1942
- Earphones were installed in the Church

1945
- Church was painted

1947
- Material was purchased for the altar ring

1948
- Brotherhood served pancakes to the public on election day
- Ladies Aid 50th Anniversary was celebrated
- Fence surrounding the Church property was removed

1950
- New communion tray was purchased
- Ground broken and part of the floor laid for Parish Hall - May 28
- Parish Hall dedicated - November 12

1952 - New pancake griddle was purchased by the Brotherhood
- Alumni Banquet was held - October 11
- Green rug pad was removed and new wool carpeting laid - November 7

1953
- Parish Hall altar the LCR made was dedicated - April 2

1954
- Outdoor fireplace was built

1958
- New red hymnals arrived, many purchased as memorials - November 2
- New hymnals were introduced by Jerry Evinrud, Minister of Music, Grace Lutheran Church, Eau Claire, Wisconsin - November 6
- New hymnals were used for the first time during the Service - November 30

1961
- New Luther League was organized
- Furnace Fund was started -- one-half of the money was to be raised before the furnace could be ordered
- Began using Advent Wreath

1962 - New furnace was purchased

1964
- Redecorating and paneling of the Church interior was completed - March 31

1969
- New well dug - May
- New stove purchased by ALCW - May

1973
- New heating system was installed in the parish hall

1975
- Markers for the unmarked graves were purchased

1977
- New translations of the Lord's Prayer, Apostles Creed, and Nicene Creed would be used in the service
- Communion was set up for twice a month and on holiday festivals

1978
- The green hymnals (Lutheran Book of Worship) were purchased
- The front enterance of the Church was put on

1979
- The front of the Church and the carpeting was dedicated

1980
- The Parish Hall was dedicated
- The addition was added on to the Parish Hall

1981
- The Congregational Trust Fund was established

1983
- Emmanuel served at Farm Progress Days

1984
- The east side of the Church's foundation was completed

1985
- The west side of the church's foundation was completed
- An organ was purchased from the Doug Missling family for the Church

1986
- Pictorial Directory was taken
- Emmanuel had its Smelt Feed at the Owen - Withee High School

1987
- New siding and storm windows were put on the Church

1988
- Interior of the Church was painted
- Congregational Calling Tree was set up
- Church sign outside was repainted

1989
- The communion rail was repadded
- Emmanuel joined Our Saviors Caring and Sharing Organization
- Janet Faye Troiber became the first woman Council President
- Emmanuel bought the old school yard property
- A new furnace was installed in the Church

1990
- Loose cushions were installed in the pews

1993
- Pictorial Directory was taken

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE