BioM: Christiansen, Mathilda (Marriage - 1909)
Surnames: CHRISTIANSEN DEUTSCH
----Source: CLARK COUNTY REPUBLICAN & PRESS (Neillsville, Wis.) 12/02/1909
Christiansen, Ida M. (Marriage - 27 Nov 1909)
A quiet wedding took place on Saturday afternoon at the home of Rev. and Mrs. Longenecker, when Miss Ida Mathilda Christiansen and Mr. Ferdinand G. Deutsch of Plaza were united in marriage. Rev. Longenecker read the service at three o’clock, and immediately afterward Mrs. Longenecker entertained the bride couple at a dinner of pretty appointments. Mr. Deutsch will take his bride to his farm near Plaza, where he has a cozy home. (Minot N.D., N.D. Optic)
The groom is one of the young men of whom Neillsville, Clark County May well feel proud. He went to North Dakota and took a claim far from a railroad. He stuck to it manfully, lived on it, cultivated it, secured his government patent and is doing well. A new railroad planted a town within four miles of his place and he has a good outlook for a comfortable home. The bride is equally lucky. She also came there as a pioneer, took a claim and has secured her patent. It lies only a few miles away from the groom’s place. It is beyond question that these two young people, who have had the energy and courage to make their way successfully alone in a new country will, with their united efforts and fortunes, make a prosperous home.
The groom, who is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Chas. Deutsch, grew up in Neillsville and was highly esteemed for his honesty and industry. He became ambitious to be a farmer, and it is one of the writer’s greatest pleasures to remember that he took about his first lessons in that line on our farm. For some time he was a member of our household and came to be considered almost one of the family, so that our hopes for the success of him and his bride are with us no mere formality.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs