BioM: Schroder, Clara L. (Marriage - 1913)

Contact: Stan 

Surnames: SHORT SCHRODER CARTER SCHROEDER

----Source: CLARK COUNTY REPUBLICAN & PRESS (Neillsville, Wis.) 04/17/1913

Schroder, Clara L. (Marriage - 15 Apr 1913)

Edward F. Short and Clara L. Schroder were married Tuesday April 15, 1913 at the home of the bride’s parents Mr. and Mrs. James Carter in the town of Washburn, Clark County, Rev. Prescott officiating. The groom was born and brought up in the town of Washburn, being the son of John Short, one of the early settlers of that town. He is a young man of energy, intelligence, and public spirit. He is the owner of a good farm in Shortville, which he is improving and fitting up for a fine home. The bride is a woman of rare good sense and high womanly qualities, well fitted in every way to be a homemaker and a helpful member of the community.

The writer has more than a neighborly interest in this couple. For about nine years the groom was a member of our family, and nearly all the features about our farm and home bear evidence of his faithful and efficient work. He is honest and upright, a man to be depended on every day in the year, one who stands for the best ideals and does the square thing. He is a thoroughly good farmer and progressive citizen. It would be well for every community in our state to have people of the class of Mr. and Mrs. Short, settle and make their home here. They began housekeeping at once at the groom’s farm home, which was all ready for occupancy.

We wish them health and happiness.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE