BioM: Staves, Dorothy Alice (1945)
Contact: Sheri Stuve
----Source: HUMBIRD ENTERPRISE (Humbird, Clark Co., WI) 12/22/1945
Staves, Dorothy Alice (8 DEC 1945)
Staves - Vernor
A beautiful candlelight service at the U. S. Naval Air Technical Training Center chapel at Norman, Okla., was performed December 8th, at 8:00 p.m., when Chaplain Nichols of the U. S. Naval hospital, performed a double ring ceremony uniting Ens. Dorothy Staves, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Wm. L. Staves, of Humbird, and CPhM Ralph S. Vernor, of Houston, Texas, in marriage.
The bride, given in marriage by Dr. J. W. Williams, wore a gown of white satin with sweetheart neckline, leg-o'mutton sleeves, and a long train. Her fingertip veil was caught to a seed pearl tiara. She carried a white prayer book, a gift of the groom, with a shower of gardenias and sweet peas.
Ens. Irene Smith, maid of honor, wore a coral crepe de chein dress and carried a bouquet of yellow roses and orchid sweet peas. Ens. Mildred Weiss and Ens. Wilma Schmidt, the bridesmaids, were attired in aqua blue silk jersey and net dresses and carried bouquets of talisman roses and white sweet peas. Their strings of pearls were gifts of the bride.
The groom's attendant was CPhM E. M. Jackson, U. S. N., and the ushers were CPhM Frank Wilson, and CPhM Frank Alvan, U. S. N.
A reception was held immediately following the ceremony at the Chief Petty Officers club at the U. S. N. technical training center, Norman, Oklahoma.
The bride is a graduate of the Black River Falls high school with the class of 1940, and of the Kohler hospital's school of nursing, Rochester, Minn., with the class of 1944. She received her commission in the navy nurses corps in October, 1944. The groom has been in the U. S. navy medical corps for the past five years, spending three years with the fleet marine force, of which two years were spent in the south Pacific.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs