Obit: Williams, Harry (1889 - 1975)
Contact: Ellen Kubica
----Source: Medford Star News, 23 Oct 1975
H. Williams Dies at 86; Buried Oct. 21
Funeral services were conducted Tuesday afternoon [October 21, 1975] at our Saviour’s Lutheran church, town of Holway, for Harry Williams, 86-year-old town of Holway resident who died Saturday morning at Memorial Hospital, Medford, where he had been a patient for the past five months after suffering a stroke. Rev. Roger Tellock officiated and burial took place in Pine Hill cemetery, Curtiss.
The body lay in state at the Hemer funeral home at Medford.
Serving as pall bearers were grandsons Ronald and Allen Williams, Floyd Olson, Clifford Garczynski, Rudolph Kubica jr., and Allan Lulloff.
Mr. Williams was born October 27, 1889 in Clark county and received his education there in the Park school in the town of Hoard. He farmed in the town of Hoard for a number of years and then moved to the town of Holway where he farmed for 32 years and worked as a carpenter. After his retirement in 1960 he continued to reside on that farm.
His marriage to Bessie Bartunek took place February 16, 1916, at Dorchester.
Mr. Williams served for a number of years as assessor and also as a member of the school board for the town of Holway. He was a member of Our Saviour’s Lutheran church.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by three sons, Richard, Medford, Harold, Withee, and Clifford, town of Holway; two daughters, Mildred, Mrs. William Olson, Abbotsford, and Myrtle, Mrs. Rudolph Kubica, Chicago, 18 grandchildren and 17 great grandchildren. Other survivors include two brothers, Guy, Spokane, Wash., and Walter, New York, six half brothers, Otto, New York, Elmer, Melvin and Peter, all of Milwaukee, Martin, Dorchester, and Clarence, California, and a half sister, Mrs. Elsie Walkama, Curtiss.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs