Obit: Converse, Amelia (1858 - 1924)
Surnames CONVERSE WILLIAMS CHAPEL COYLE GETSCHOW DOUGHTY CATTANACH
----Source: NEILLSVILLE PRESS (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 03/06/1924
Converse, Amelia (26 JUN 1858 - 29 FEB 1924)
Mrs. Amelia Converse died Feb. 29, 1924, after a lingering illness due to a general decline, at the home of her son, Hugh Converse, in the town of York, Clark County, Wis. Deceased was born Amelia Williams in the town of Grant, June 26, 1858, being the daughter of George and Mary Williams. She grew to womanhood there and was married in 1877 to Filmore Converse in the town of Grant. To them were born six children. One child died in infancy and a son Ed, a young man, died in Canada about 13 years ago, his remains being brought back to Granton for burial. Mr. Converse died Nov. 9, 1892. She is survived by her son Hugh, with whom she made her home in the town of York, and by three daughters: Mrs. Grace Coyle, Mrs. Leo Chapel and Mrs. Wm. Getschow, all of the town of York, also by her brothers Willis Williams of Wis. Rapids, Henry Williams of Granton, and her sisters Mrs. Oscar Doughty of West Allis and Mrs. Cattanach of Stratford, and by six grandchildren. All of her children were home ministering to her during her last illness.
Mrs. Converse was a woman of many beautiful traits of character. She was devoted to her home and family, a kind and helpful neighbor, and leaves behind many pleasant memories by those who knew her.
The funeral was held Monday afternoon at the Adventist Church, Rev. Wilson Mallory officiating. The pallbearers were Noble Downer, Lue Smith, Charles E. Brooks, Fred Tyler, Louis Nickel, and Frank Gardner. The choir consisted of Mr. and Mrs. W. E. Clough, Price Lee and Mrs. Wm. Schmidtke, with Miss Ruth Pietenpol at the organ. There was a profusion of beautiful flowers testifying to the regard in which the deceased was held by the people of the community.
Mr. and Mrs. Oscar Doughty of West Allis and Mr. and Mrs. Willis William were in attendance at the funeral.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs