Obit: Davidson, Marcella C. (1848 - 1924)
Surnames: DAVIDSON BAILEY STERNITZKY SNYDER LAUERMAN
----Source: NEILLSVILLE PRESS (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 12/25/1924
Davidson, Marcella C. (18 APR 1848 - 16 DEC 1924)
Marcella C. Davidson, daughter of Caroline and David Bailey, was born April 18, 1848, at Addison, Wis. She was one of a family of nine children. Those surviving are two sisters, Mrs. H. L. Snyder of Neillsville, Wis., and Mrs. Wm. Lauerman of West Bend, Wis. She was united in marriage to James Davidson in the fall of 1869. To this union were born four children, two died in infancy, also a son at the age of 19. One daughter survives, Mrs. Wm. Sternitzky of Lynn, Wis. She also leaves seven grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. Her husband preceded her in death about six years ago; since then she made her home with her daughter, Mrs. Wm. Sternitzky. She was seemingly in good health until about two years ago, when she commenced to fail, but was able to about until a day or two before her death, which came quite suddenly Dec. 16, 1924. She was a member of the M. E. Church for several years, and lived a consistent Christian life. In her home and in the community she exemplified her faith fy helpful words and kindly deeds. She had a large circle of friends who will miss her friendly greetings from time to time. She will also be missed in the home, where her presence brought cheer and encouragement.
Funeral services were held at the home Friday, Dec. 19, Rev. Walder of Neillsville officiating. She was laid away to rest by the side of her husband in the cemetery at Lynn. Those from away who attended the funeral were Mr. and Mrs. Carl Jens and Gilbert Sternitzky of Plymouth, Wis. The pallbearers were grandsons, Joseph, Leo, Gilbert and Raymond Sternitzky, and Robert Ure and Carl Jens.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs