Bio: Hainz, Miss Laura (1926)

Contact: Crystal Wendt

Surnames: Hainz, Kelly

----Source: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) Thursday, 04/22/1926

CLOTHING CAUGHT FIRE

Friday evening Miss Laura Hainz daughter of Mr. and Mrs. David Hainz, narrowly escaped burning to death. The young lad had been employed by Mr. and Mrs. Tom Kelly was just getting ready to start supper. She had lighted the oil stove and a spark from a match had evidently dropped into her lap, unnoticed. Her apron caught fire and in a moment she was a mass of flames. Mrs. Kelly, who is sick with rheumatism, ran to her aid as best she could in her condition, and threw a fur coat over the girl, but she became frightened and threw the coat off and ran out doors. Mr. Kelly happened to come from the barn at that moment and tore the outer clothing from the young lady and finally extinguished the flames, but not until she had been badly burned about the chest and stomach. A doctor was summoned and the burns cared for and the young lady is now comfortable and evidently will survive her harrowing experience. Miss Sarah Hainz came from Chicago Sunday to help care for her sister.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE