Obit: Ainsworth, Nettie (1856 - 1928)
Surnames: AINSWORTH OTT
----Source: NEILLSVILLE PRESS (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 05/17/1928
Ainsworth, Nettie (7 MAR 1856 - 11 MAY 1928)
Mrs. F. P. Ainsworth passed quietly away at her home on Fifth St., at an early hour Friday morning, May 11, 1928. She ad been in poor health for some years past, but had not bee critically ill until the past few weeks, during which time she was under the constant care of a nurse.
Mrs. Ainsworth, whose maiden name was Nettie Ott, was born in Madison March 7, 1856. She spent her girlhood there, and later lived in Chicago, Chillicothe, Ohio, and Wyoming. She was married to Franklin Pierce Ainsworth at Madison in January 1883.
Mr. and Mrs. Ainsworth went to Hammond, Wis., to live and remained there till 1889, when they moved to River Falls. Mr. Ainsworth established a bank at Glenwood City, and in 1907 moved his family there. In 1910 they moved to Neillsville, Clark County, Wis., Mr. Ainsworth coming here as cashier of the First National Bank when it was established. He died in January 1918.
Mrs. Ainsworth lived a very quiet life here socially, but had nevertheless acquired a considerable circle of friends. She was a lady of fine intellectual attainments, fond of reading, and while remaining quietly at home she kept up an active interest in things of the day.
She leaves two children, a son Lee of Minneapolis and a daughter, Alice, who made her home with her mother during vacations, but who had taught in schools of Minneapolis for several years. The daughter was with her for more than a week previous to her death and the son was here from time to time to visit her during her last illness.
Funeral services were held Saturday afternoon at the home, Rev. G. W. Longenecker officiating. Burial took place in the cemetery at River Falls.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs