Obit: Holverson, Eva (1856 - 1928)
Surnames: HOLVERSON STRONG POTTER WHITE QUACKENBUSH
----Source: NEILLSVILLE PRESS (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 11/22/1928
Holverson, Eva (11 AUG 1856 - 14 NOV 1928)
Mrs. Eva Holverson passed away at her home in Neillsville Nov. 14, 1928, aged 72 years, 2 months and 2 days. Deceased, whose maiden name was Eva Strong, was born in Medina Co., Ohio, Aug. 11, 1856. In the spring of 1861 her parents came west with a party of immigrants to Ontario, Vernon Co., Wis., traveling in covered wagons, the journey taking six weeks. Here she grew to womanhood and in 1875 was married to Legare Potter. In 1879 they moved to the town of Colby, Clark County, Wis., where Mr. Potter operated sawmills from time to time until March, 1891, when they moved to the Globe Corner in the town of Weston. In May 1894 they moved to Neillsville, which remained their permanent home. Mr. Potter died in 1908.
In 1919 Mrs. Potter married A. H. Holverson, who died Aug. 31, 1923.
Deceased was a charter member of the Neillsville United colony No. 132, B.R.F.F., and was an early member of the Women's Relief Corps at Colby, Mrs. Potter being the first commander of the Isaac N. Earl G. A. R. Post at Colby, which was organized in 1883. Both were very active in patriotic work. During the World War deceased was very active in all the war work and has always been helpful in community affairs.
She is survived by one son, Guy P. Potter of Neillsville. Another son, Dell Potter, is deceased. She leaves also two grandchildren, a son and daughter of Dell Potter; also two sisters, Mrs. J. L. White of Wausau, and Mrs. Myrtle Quackenbush of Ontario, Wis.
The funeral was held at Lowe's Funeral Home Saturday, Rev. G. W. Longenecker officiating.
Those from away attending the funeral were a nephew, Earl White of Wausau, and Mrs. Dell Potter and daughter Mary, of Muscoda.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs