BioM: Barr, Frances (1929)
Surnames: MARG BARR
----Source: NEILLSVILLE PRESS (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 06/20/1929
Barr, Frances (13 JUN 1929)
Mr. Paul Marg and Miss Frances Barr were quietly married at 2 o'clock p.m., Thursday, June 13, 1929, at St. John's Lutheran Parsonage, Rev. Wm. Bauman, pastor, officiating. The bride's sister, Miss Edna Barr, was bridesmaid and Kurt Marg, brother of the groom, was best man. A number of the bride's and groom's relatives were in attendance, and after the ceremony, all drove to the home of the bride's parents at Greenwood, Clark County, Wis., where a bountiful wedding supper was served.
The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Marg of North Pine Valley, Clark County. He grew to manhood at the farm home, attended the rural school and St. John's Lutheran School, and helped his father on the farm. For several years past he has been engaged much of the time as canvasser and salesman. He has a wide acquaintance over the county, and both in his home community and elsewhere is highly esteemed as an upright young man.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Barr of Greenwood. She attended Greenwood High School for three years and completed the high school course at Edgewood, Iowa. Returning to Wisconsin she entered the Eau Claire County Normal, where she graduated, and taught the past year at Janesville Settlement School in the town of Eaton. She is a young lady of fine personality and has many friends.
The evening after the marriage the young couple gave a fine wedding dance at Globe, and have since gone on an auto trip, which they plan to extend for several weeks and may go as far west as California. On their return the groom expects to continue his work as canvasser and the bride will teach the Hewettville School, which she has engaged for the coming year.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs