BioM: Hemp, Clara (1929)
Surnames: HEMP MITTE HAGEDORN
----Source: NEILLSVILLE PRESS (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 07/04/1929
Hemp, Clara (20 JUN 1929)
A very pretty wedding took place at the Lutheran Parsonage at Globe, Clark County, Wis., on Thursday afternoon, June 20th, 1929, at 1:30 o'clock, Rev. Motzkus officiating; when Miss Clara Hemp, the youngest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Hemp of the town of Seif, Clark County, was united in marriage to Mr. Ted Mitte, the second oldest son of Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Mitte of the town of Weston, Clark County.
The bridal couple was attended by Miss Nelda Hagedorn, cousin of the bride, as bridesmaid, and Mr. Harold Mitte, brother of the groom, as best man.
The bride was beautifully gowned in a dress of salmon pink all silk georgette crepe and silk lace, and wore a head band of pink silk veil. She carried a shower bouquet of white tea roses, larkspur and sweet peas. The bridesmaid wore a dress of yellow georgette crepe and a white gold head band; she carried a bouquet of pink roses and sweet peas. The groom and best man wore suits of navy blue.
Following the ceremony a reception was given at the home of the bride, to the immediate relatives of the contracting parties.
The groom grew up on the home farm, spending most of his life working on the farm; he is an industrious and worthy young man and is liked by all who know him. The bride also grew up on her folk's farm and for the past few winters has been employed in Milwaukee, spending summers at home. She is a young lady of pleasant personality and is an accomplished housekeeper.
The evening after the marriage the young couple gave a wedding dance at the Globe Hall, and a fine time was reported by all those who attended. They will go to housekeeping on the groom's home farm.
The Press extends congratulations and best wishes.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs