BioM: Scheeler, Dorothy (1929)
Surnames: GROTTKE SCHEELER MARG
----Source: NEILLSVILLE PRESS (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 10/31/1929
Scheeler, Dorothy (24 OCT 1929)
The marriage of Miss Dorothy Scheeler, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Herman Scheeler to Mr. William Grottke, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Grottke, all of the town of Grant, Clark County, Wis., took place at the Lutheran Church in the town of Grant last Thursday afternoon at 2:00 o'clock. Rev. Buth officiated at the double ring ceremony. The wedding march was played by Mrs. Ray Dorst.
The bride was lovely in a white flat crepe gown and wore a silk veil and crown ornamented with rhinestones and little buds; she carried a shower bouquet of pink and white roses.
The bridesmaids were Miss Edna Scheeler, sister of the bride, who wore yellow charmeuse and a headband of yellow maline and rhinestones; and Miss Ida Grottke, sister of the groom, who wore light blue celanese moire and a head band of blue maline and rhinestones; both carried bouquets of white and pink carnations. The groom's attendants were Wm. Marg and Ben Grottke, all wore suites of dark blue.
A reception was held at the home of the bride's parents, which was attended by over 200 relatives and friends. The living room was decorated in white and the dinning room in yellow and light blue.
They will live in Grandpa Grottke's house in the town of Grant for the present.
Those from away who attended the wedding were: Misses Ida Grottke and Emma Gloff of Milwaukee; Herbert Grottke, Waukesha; Mr. and Mrs. Warleben, Fond du Lac; Charles Krone and family, Alvin Goldamer and family, Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Gerth and George, Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Gosse and Miss Minnie Scheeler of Abbotsford; Mr. and Mrs. A. Weidenhoeft, Arthur and Mildred of Colby, and Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Franz of Bloomer.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs