Obit: Snyder, Louise (1863 - 1924)

Contact: Stan

Surnames: SNYDER BURKE MURPHY ROTH POPPE HEAGLE

----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 07/10/1924

Snyder, Louise (15 DEC 1863 - 3 JUL 1924)

Mrs. E. L. Snyder passed away at St. Joseph's Hospital at Chippewa Falls on Thursday morning last, after an illness extending over a period of several months. Taken ill in December last and confined to the house for about three months, after which she recovered somewhat, but grew worse and was taken to the hospital to secure relief, which however, proved to no avail.

Louise Burke, daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. John Burke, was born near Kingston, Green Lake County, Wis., on Dec. 15, 1863, and came to Thorp, Clark County, Wis. with her parents in 1882, which has since been her home. On June 20, 1883, she was united in marriage with E. L. Snyder, who with three sons, L. J. of Thorp, Cecil of L'Anse, Mich., and Stephen of Milwaukee, survive.

Among us all she ranked always as a woman of refinement, sympathy, a kind neighbor, devoted wife and mother and true friend, and withal a woman of heroic mould in bravely meeting the stern requirements and the disappointments of life.

Besides her immediate family she also leaves to mourn four sisters, Mrs. Mary Murphy of Polley, Mrs. John Roth of Thorp, Mrs. W. E. Poppe of L'Anse, Mich., and Mrs. Anson Heagle of Chippewa Falls.

The funeral took place from St. Bernard's Church on Sunday afternoon last, Rev. John Neises officiating. Interment followed in the Catholic Cemetery.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE