Obit: Huckstead, Edward Henry (1856 - 1930)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Bucketed , Poppe, Counsell, Vine, Benedict, Findley, Rodman, King, Selves, Winters
----Source: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) Feb. 27, 1930
Huckstead, Edward Henry (24 Oct. 1856 - 22 Feb. 1930)
Edward Huckstead, died suddenly at his home on South Court Street, Saturday, Feb. 22. He had not been feeling well some two weeks previously but had recovered and was about the house in his usual health until a few minutes before his death.
Edward Henry Huckstead was born in Buffalo, New York, Oct. 24, 1856 and had reached the age of 73 years, 3 months and 28 days at his death.
His parents, Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Huckstead moved from Buffalo to Jamestown, N.Y., and from Jamestown came to Clark County with their family in 1862 and settled on Pleasant Ridge. Here deceased grew to manhood.
He was married April 13, 1879 to Miss Anna Poppe and they settled on a farm on Pleasant Ridge where they made their home until 13 years ago when they moved to Neillsville.
Mr. Huckstead was a man of quiet tastes, industrious and home-loving in his habits, always endeavoring to deal justly with his fellow men and ready to be of services to others who needed help. He was a kind husband and father and a most worthy citizen in every way.
He is survived by his wife and one daughter, Florence, Mrs. Elmer Counsell of Neillsville. He leaves also two brothers, Arlo A. Huckstead and Alonzo Huckstead both of the town of Grant; a half-brother, John Vine of Grant and a half-sister, Mrs. Elizabeth Benedict of Neillsville.
The funeral was held Tuesday afternoon at the Methodist Church, Rev. Lane C. Findley officiating.
The pall bearers were six of his old friends and neighbors: Dell Rodman, Wm. King, James King, Richard Selves, Ted Selves and T. M. Winters.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs