Surnames: GRIMM LINDOW
----Source: Town of Fremont History - 1973
In 1895 Anton J. and Marie Grimm and six month old daughter Anna moved from Oswego, Ill. to a 40-acre tract of uncleared land in the Town of Fremont, Clark County, Wis. They stayed with the Carl Mundt family until their log cabin was completed. After clearing a small part of the land they engaged in dairy farming.
In 1900 a son, Albert William was born. In 1908 they sold their farm to the late Mr. and Mrs. William Nebel, Sr. and moved onto the adjoining 160 acre farm, building their house in 1915, which is the present Grimm home.
As the years went by, more buildings were added, all being built by the Grimms
The year of 1925, with the help of a daughter Anna, was the beginning of the poultry and egg business, at first raising chicks with clucks, then later taking their own eggs to a hatchery, and late years buying day-old chicks and started pullets. They retired from this business in 1971.
In 1933 Albert W. Grimm was married to Helen Marie Lindow, daughter of the late Charles and Helen Marie Lindow. In 1955 they purchased the 80-acre farm from the Charles Lindows.
The Grimm farm is known as "Hillcrest Farm" and they are still engaged in dairy farming.
Mother Marie Grimm passed away in 1932 and Father Anton John Grimm in 1946.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs