Family, Albert W.
Surnames: LINDOW JAENSCH HAPPE RIEDEL
----Source: Town of Fremont History - 1973
Lindow Family, Albert W.
Albert W. Lindow was born May 1, 1889, in the Town of Fremont, Clark County, Wis., the son of Gustave and Rosa (Jaensch) Lindow.
He attended a country school one and a half-mile south of Chili, which was moved two miles southwest of Chili and later known as the Pine Circle School.
He worked on his father's farm and also neighboring farmers. For two summers he worked with carpenters building barns, receiving two dollars a day for ten hours work.
In 1914 he married Irene Happe (born July 20, 1891), the daughter of William and Lydia Happe, who came to the Town of Fremont in 1900 from Dodge Co.
Three children were born to the couple, a daughter, Lorna (Mrs. Paul Riedel), Granton, and two sons, Lawrence and Milton at home.
They started farming on eighty acres of land bought from Randolph and Dudley Popp, one mile north and three miles west of Chili. They later added 119 acres. Their buildings consisted of a log house, a small log barn, and several other small buildings. All of these they replaced with modern buildings.
They stated with 15 acres of tillable land and 52 acres of stump land, which they cleaned up. The rest of the farm was in timber.
In 1964 they sold 119 acres with buildings to Larry and Connie Dix and moved into the former Cozy Corner School House (across the road) after remodeling it.
In 1972 they sold the rest of their land to Larry and Connie Dix and retired in Chili after 55 years of farming.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.