Bio: Bandt Family,
Surnames: BANDT SCHILLING
----Source: Town of Fremont History - 1973
Bandt Family, William
Fifty-three years ago,, March 17, 1920, William Bandt came with his parents from Germania, Wis. In partnership with his father they purchased a piece of land with very little buildings west of Chili, Clark County, Wis. They built sheds for their cattle and three horses. Mr. Bandt loved horses and in his younger days broke many young colts.
They put up their hay in stacks for winter. They stacked the grain for threshing. Corn was planted with hand planters and picked and cut by hand and put in shocks.
In 1924, William Bandt married Ruth Schilling. Three sons were born. They were Melvin, Wilmer and Franklin Bandt. In 1925 they remodeled the house.
In 1928 they built a new barn and silo. In 1933 William Bandt and his wife purchased his dad's share of the farm where they lived until William's health failed.
In 1968 Mr. and Mrs. Bandt sold their farm to their son Franklin when they retired and bought a home in Chili. They were married 48 years when Mr. Bandt passed away in 1972.
They both were members of the Evangelical Church now the Immanuel United Methodist Church.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs