Obit: Lightfoot, William (1846 - 1930)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Lightfoot, Kueng, Pettes, Longenecker
----Source: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) June 26, 1930
Lightfoot, William (4 May 1846 - 20 June 1930)
William Lightfoot, one of the oldest residents in this locality and who lived alone in his little house on his forty acre farm in the northeast corner of Pine Valley, was found dead in his bed, June 20, by Arthur Kueng who had come to his house to help Mr. Lightfoot with his chores.
Billy Lightfoot, as he was best known, was born in London, May 4, 1846 and has passed his 84th year at his death. His father was a sea captain, and both his father and mother died at sea and were buried in the ocean.
At the time of their death Billy was only two years old. He with his older brothers and sisters came out to Canada to live with their grandfather. He began to work in lumber camps when 15 years old -- then went to Maine and worked in camp for two years, and from there he came to Clark County and worked in lumber camps for 38 years. For some time he was employed around the old O’Neill House.
He bought and cleared his little farm in Pine Valley and here for many years he had lived alone. He is survived by a sister in Illinois. A niece, Mrs. Pettes of Sturgeon Bay, who occasionally came here to see him was here to attend the funeral which was held Sunday at the Congregational church, Rev. G. W. Longenecker officiating. The body was taken to Sturgeon Bay, Tuesday for burial by Schiller’s ambulance.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs