Obit: Keller, Myrtle Ida (1902 - 1930)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Keller, Ottow, Schultz, Strobush, Pulzine, Frey, Seivert, Vornholt
----Source: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) July 24, 1930
Keller, Myrtle Ida (19 Sept. 1902 - 17 July 1930)
Mrs. Paul Keller, a young wife and mother, of the town of Washburn passed away at her home on Thursday, July 17, aged 27 years, 9 months and 28 days. Her health began to fail last December. In April the serious nature of her illness was discovered when it was found that a cancerous tumor had developed, and an operation gave only temporary relief.
Myrtle Ida Ottow, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Ottow was born at Cambridge, Wis., Sept. 19, 1902. Later the family lived in Minnesota, but in 1914 came back to Wisconsin and settled at Shortville, where she grew to womanhood. On June 10, 1922, she was married to Paul Keller of Pine Valley. They settled on a farm in the town of Washburn and had established a very comfortable and happy home there. She was always of a cheerful and lovable disposition and made friends readily even from childhood. Her death seems like a real disaster to her home and to the community.
She leaves her husband and one little son, Roy, her parents and one brother and other more distant relatives, also a host of friends by whom she will be sincerely mourned.
The funeral was held Sunday afternoon at 2 o’clock in the Reformed Church at Neillsville, Rev. E. H. Vornholt officiating.
Those from out of town who were here for the funeral are: Mr. and Mrs. Otto Schultz, Lake Mills, Mr. and Mrs. Chas. Strobush and daughter, Mrs. Pulzine, Madison, Mr. and Mrs. Aug. Ottow and son, Beloit, Mrs. Chas. Frey, Blooming Prairie, Minn., Miss Florence Frey, Hillsboro, Mrs. Herman Seivert and daughter, Clara and son Fred, Cambridge, Mrs. Henry Keller, Wausau.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs