BioM: Filitz, Leda (1930)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Filitz, Palmer, Vornholt, Zastrow
----Source: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) July 3, 1930
Filitz, Leda (Marriage - 28 June 1930)
Mr. Harvey Palmer and Miss Leda Filitz were united in marriage the Reformed Church parsonage, Saturday after at 2:30 o’clock, June 28, Rev. E. H. Vornholt officiating. They were attended by Mr. Elmer Filitz, brother of the bride and Miss Dorothy Zastrow of Pine Valley. The bride was gowned in white satin and wore a veil; the bridesmaid wore pink and a headdress.
After the ceremony they drove to the home of the bride’s mother, Mrs. Otto Filitz in the town of Levis where a fine wedding supper was served. Only immediate relatives and close friends being present. In the evening a free wedding dance and shower was held at Riverside Pavilion which was attended by a very large number of friends of the brides and groom. The pavilion was prettily decorated in pink and white and a delicious plate lunch was served to all. Many beautiful and useful presents were given to the bride and groom.
The bride grew up at the farm home in Levis, entered Neillsville high school after completing the rural school and graduated in the class of 1926 from the Teachers Training Department and has since taught with success in the home school. -- The Riverside School in the town of Levis. She is a young lady of fine qualities of mind, helpful in her home and much admired by all who know her. The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Perry Palmer of the town of York. He was reared on a farm and is an intelligent and progressive young farmer, of high standing in his community.
They drove to Madison for a visit with relatives and on their return will live at the home of the groom’s parents, whose farm he will continue to carry on.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs