BioM: Ramer, Celia (1931)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Ramer, Kerska, Brudermeans, Malamphy, Copet
----Source: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 4 June 1931
Ramer, Celia (Marriage - 27 May 1931)
A very pretty wedding took place may 27 at nine o’clock in St. Mary’s Catholic church in Tomah, when Miss Celia Ramer, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Otto Ramer of Chili, became the bride of Mr. Charles Kerska, son of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Kerska, Sr., of Middle Ridge. Rev. B. Brudermeans performed the ceremony.
The bride was attired in a gown of ankle length peach colored satin with a veil held in place with baby breaths and accessories to match.
Miss Dorothy Malamphy of Chili acted as bridesmaid and Mrs. Loren Copet of Spencer as matron of honor. They were dressed in gowns of green flowered chiffon with headband of rhinestones.
The groom’s attendants were Mr. Adolph Kerska of Middle Ridge, brother of the groom, and Mr. Loren Copet of Spencer. The men wore dark blue suits.
The bride’s flowers consisted of carnations, roses and sweet peas. The bridesmaid and matron of honor carried carnations and snapdragons.
Dinner covers were laid for 200 people. The rooms was decorated with white, yellow and pink crepe paper with a large white bell. The guests included the bride’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Otto Ramer of Chili, the grooms parents, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Kerska, Sr.; one brother and family of Middle Ridge; Mr. and Mrs. Louis Kerska of LaCrosse and many other relatives and friends. After dinner they motored to Sparta to have their pictures taken. At midnight a lunch was served including ice cream and the wedding cake.
The next day the bridal couple left for a wedding trip to LaCrosse, Iowa and the southern part of the state to visit the groom’s relatives. They will reside on the groom’s farm at Tomah.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs